The Engage Cloud Pty Ltd T/A Engage (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.theengagecloud.co.za you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“Act”), the data controller is The Engage Cloud Pty Ltd t/a Engage, The Workspace Blackheath, Unit 1, Pendoring Office Park, 2195.
If you have any queries regarding our use of your data or this policy or you would like to make a request to exercise any of your legal rights, please refer to the contact information below.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
- You may give us information by filling in forms on our site theengagecloud.co.za (the Site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service(s), participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, submit contact details, job application or signup for email newsletters, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, job title or company of employment.
- If You fail to provide personal data which We need to provide the Service then We may not be able to perform the contract We have with You. You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data which you give us is accurate and up to date.
- Information we collect about you
- We may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you visit theengagecloud.co.za. This technical information consists of: Your internet protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Site, and the search terms you enter on the Site. This information allows us to improve the Site and the services we provide, and enables us to evaluate usage of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity, and to facilitate the delivery of information on the Site or other websites.
- We may also collect, use and share “Aggregated Data” such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
- We do not collect any “Special Categories of Personal Data” about You (e.g. your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinion, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect information about criminal convictions and offenses.
- We do not collect data regarding children and our service is not aimed at or intended for the use of anyone below the age of 18 years old (see our Terms and Conditions).
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We collect technical data from the following:- Analytics providers such as Google Analytics, Linkedin, Active Campaign, and Salesforce, based inside and outside SA.
- We don’t currently use any automated decision making to profile the information and data received through our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Google Tag Manager: Used to analyse website usage, e.g. Clicks, downloaded content, etc
- Google: Used to send data to Google Analytics about the user’s device and behaviour. Also used to track the user across devices and for marketing.
- Cookie Notice: Stores the user’s cookie consent state for engagehub.com
- Hotjar: Used to optimise the user’s experience across our website
- Dotdigital: Provides us with insight about our contacts interests and their journey on our website.
- SEMRush: Provides us with insights regarding keywords used to reach our website and to analyse our traffic.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group (both inside and outside of SA), which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Companies Act of South Africa.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others such as: Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Google Display Network.
- Analytics, search engine providers and social media platforms that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Regulatory due diligence in relation to regulated services you buy from us which may involve personal data checks.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Engage Cloud Proprietary Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- In the legitimate interests of the business such as business planning, risk management and crime prevention.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside Southern Africa.
[e.g. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will not keep Your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which they are collected or as is legally required. We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or erase from our systems all data which is no longer required.
We endeavour to process all personal data in line with Your rights under the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
. In particular, In certain circumstances, You have the rights to:-
- Withdraw Your consent to Our processing Your personal data at any time. You can do this at any time by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask Us to rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Ask Us to erase Your personal data.
- Restrict the processing of Your personal data where, for example, the data is inaccurate, being processed unlawfully or where the data is no longer relevant to the specific purpose for processing.
- Request access to Your personal data via a subject access request.
- You have the right to ask Us not to process Your personal data for marketing purposes (including profiling). You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Obtain and reuse Your personal data for Your own purposes across different services (right to data portability).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of Our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before You submit any personal data to these websites.
CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any complaints regarding our handling of Your personal data, we would appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns in the first instance. However, if you wish, you may make a complaint directly to the Office of the Public Protector, http://www.pprotect.org or 0800 11 20 40)